The Award of Excellence is designed to honor a member who has made significant contributions to our association. These efforts may be at the local, regional or international level.
Call for Nominations
Each year, BFMA International is proud to accept nominations for one of the Association’s most prestigious individual awards, the Award of Excellence. All members are encouraged to reflect on the service and accomplishments of their peers and submit nominations and supporting documentation to the association.
The award is based on the specific criteria listed below. Nominees do not necessarily have to meet all of the criteria listed. Emphasis should be placed on those areas that you believe merit your nominee's consideration for the award.
The BFMA Award of Excellence recognizes outstanding individual contributions to BFMA. All BFMA members, except the current president and president emeritus, are eligible. A qualifying candidate:
- Demonstrates consistent dependability regardless of the task.
- Willingly participates when tasks are required to meet a schedule.
- Demonstrates concern for his or her chapter, the association, and its members.
- Serves in leadership roles at the chapter and/or association level.
- Recognized as a leader, respected member and role model by his or her peers.
- Actively promotes membership in his or her chapter and the association.
- Actively supports the chapter and regional seminars and the symposium by attending and urging others to do so.
- Supports the association with such things as printing, supplies, research, work on committees, or special projects.
- Actively represents BFMA to external audiences in leadership roles at the chapter and/or association level.
To Submit a Nomination
Please submit an Award of Excellence Nomination Form and supporting documentation to the President Emeritus, Chair of the Past President’s Council at:
BFMA President Emeritus
C/O Alberta Health Services
43 Michener Bend
Red Deer, AB T4P 0H6
All nominations must be received by the President Emeritus by March 1st.
Recognizing Recipients of the Award of Excellence
The Past Presidents Council has the responsibility and final authority to make the selections. The rules do not require that a recipient be named every year. Winners will be kept confidential and announced at the Awards Banquet during Annual Conference.
BFMA is pleased to recognize and honor all Award of Excellence winners. Their outstanding contributions to BFMA are much appreciated!
| Cathy Grammer
| Linda "Cricket" Rayburn
| Chuck Mindach
|| Fairview University Medical Center
|Joyce Endres, CFSP
||State of Wisconsin, Dept. of E-Government
| Anne South
| Margaret Tassin, CFSP, CDC
| Fred Rogish
| Patricia Bryan Shrivalle
||Sizemore Financial Services
| William Hill, CFSP, CFC
||State of Washington, Dept. of Labor
| James Bennett
||State of Wiscinsin
| Mardie Traver
||City of Concord, CA
| Lea Anne Fuchs, CFSP
| A. R. "Rusty" Boehm
||State of Ohio-State Forms Center
| Tamra Bevin, CFSP, CFC
| Albert Weisner
| Paul Showalter
||Internal Revenue Service
| Lisa Lee
||Standard Insurance Company
| Karen Albright
||Puget Sound Energy